As we mentioned a few weeks ago, we are looking to shift away from a purely reactive strategy to try and organize some longer term projects. Here are a few things we thought KI might want to take on in the future:
- Adopt a swing district for the 2018 midterms
- Create an action plan in case of constitutional crisis (Poland is definitely glad they had one)
- Protect Papahanaumokuakea and the rest of the environment from Scot Pruitt
- Find points of coordination with our local Democratic Party. Support a GOTV effort?
Come to our Potluck Meeting this Saturday, July 29, 3 pm at Lydgate Pavilion.
Step 1. Take a few minutes to research projects you’d like to support in the next 15 months before Nov. 2018.
Step 2. Prepare/acquire some food to share
Step 3. Show up at Lydgate Pavilion at 3pm this Saturday
Step 4. Grind
Step 5. Talk
Use this awesome internet thing, specifically created for Indivisible groups in deep blue districts, that our HI/CA organizer Zacharie just shared with us. You can use it to call liberal Nevadans and West Virginians and connect them directly to their senators’ offices.
Here’s Zacharie’s description:
We’ve got a game changing new tool that lets you lend a hand to defeat TrumpCare, from the comfort of your blue state—sign up here. It’s a simple four-part process:
- You call a voter in a key state with a swing Republican. First, you’ll make calls to the folks in target states. These folks are your friends—they attended the Women’s March and/or fight for progressive causes.
- You explain how they have power now. You’ll remind them why the continued fight against TrumpCare is so important—and why they have particular power in this moment.
- You ask them to use their power. Then, you’ll ask them to call their senator in opposition to the bill, and to share their own reasons for opposing it.
- The tool connects them to their Senator’s office. The call tool will allow you to automatically patch them through to the Senators’ district offices.
See you all on Saturday!
- If you aren’t already signed up for this Weekly Action Email from Kauai Indivisible – click this link to subscribe. We will never share your address or overwhelm your inbox.
- If you’d like to be part of our online community, join our Facebook Group.
- If you’d like to help us get organized: email email@example.com
and tell us how you’d like to help and what committee you want to join: Events or Communications.